After establishing a strong presence in the Microsoft Power BI Visuals market, our xViz advanced visuals will now offer additional plans & flexible licensing options to businesses. For the past several months, we have been working on adding new visuals to the xViz Suite and delivering new capabilities to existing visuals. And now, in addition to the current xViz Suite bundled-pricing option, we are introducing free desktop licenses as well as a-la-carte pricing models – the latter available for both limited number of named users as well as unlimited users for enterprises. Also, customers can now purchase enterprise support as a separate add-on subscription.
The set of pricing options will ensure that businesses of all sizes – small, medium & large enterprises – stand to gain from flexible pricing as they can pick and choose options that best suit them.
List of key changes:
- xViz Pro (fully featured) is now completely free with Microsoft Power BI Desktop, aligning fully with Microsoft’s Free Power BI Desktop strategy.
2. Just like Power BI Pro, Power BI Premium and Power BI Embedded, xViz Pro or Enterprise licenses are only needed when users publish and share reports using Power BI Service and/or Power BI Premium.
3. xViz visuals are now available individually for as low as $1.00 or $1.50 per user per month, subject to a minimum of 10 users.
4. Unlimited users for a-la-carte visuals are now available for large enterprises.
5. Enterprise support is now available as an add-on subscription for customers that require a higher level of engagement and an SLA.
6. The only visual not available as part of xViz Pro Suite is Gantt Chart Enterprise, which now becomes a separate product offering
7. You will get the following message prompting you to buy when you try to use xViz Pro features in a web browser (such as using Power BI Service).
Existing customers already using xViz Pro features without paid licenses will have two options:
- remove Pro features from the visuals and continue publishing to power bi service or report server,
- limit usage to Power BI Desktop (where all the PRO features are freely available) until they can purchase xViz Pro Licenses.
- Individual (A-La-Carte ) Visuals Purchase Option:
Although we strongly advise purchasing xViz visuals by the bundle, we now also offer the option to buy individual visuals. A single xViz Pro Visual is priced at as low as $1 per user per month (min 10 users with a minimum spend of $10 per month) for most visuals and $1.50 per user per month for select premium visuals (min 10 users with a minimum spend of $15 per month).Note that the xViz Pro Suite bundle will continue to be available for purchase at the current existing rates.Sliding scale volume discounting will be available for both a-la-carte visuals and the xViz Pro Suite bundle for the benefit of medium and large enterprises.
- Upgrades and enhancements:
All customers who are part of the xViz Pro plan are entitled to free upgrades, enhancements, and support.
As before, all existing xViz Pro Suite customers will continue to receive any additional xViz visuals added to the xViz Pro Suite.
We have made a strategic decision to remove Gantt Chart from the xViz Suite bundle. The Gantt chart will no longer have a Pro version but only a Free version and an Enterprise Edition version. We do intend to grandfather the Gantt Chart visual for current xViz Pro customers as of April 30th, 2020. All current xViz Pro licensees will automatically gain access to the Gantt Enterprise Version at the user count they licensed if they have purchased xViz Pro before April 30th, 2020.
The reason for dropping Gantt Chart visual from our suite is that Gantt Chart users are primarily interested only in that visual. They have also been requesting significant enterprise-grade feature enhancements. To align with our customer interests, we moved this visual into a category of its own.
Exciting Offerings on the Way
We are also planning to add more visuals to the xViz Suite in the coming months (Legal Disclaimer: Forward-Looking statements not to be used for current purchasing decisions). Such visuals include Trellis / Small Multiples, Advanced Matrix, Packed Bubble, TimeLine Chart, 2 x 2 Quadrant Chart, KPI Tiles, and more.
To summarize, we have been working on bringing new components, adding new capabilities to existing visuals, additional & flexible pricing options to the xViz product line. The planned & upcoming changes will attract more visualization purists to Power BI desktop. And we are also adding additional demos, blogs, sample PBIX files, documentation, and educational videos supported by business narratives. Throughout this process, we will keep you in the loop through our web page and community forum and we strongly encourage you to benefit from these platforms.